Friday, November 18, 2011

Leaf it

Leaves aren't the only things that seem to be changing this season, the fall and winter hair colors are coming out like crazy! I love to watch my color inventory change through the seasons...and right now? It is all about trying to stay WARM through the winter. Lots of folks are going dark...consider a season change! And for all you blondes out there, I am not talking anything drastic. Try adding a low light to bring dimension and warmth. If you are already dark, try changing tones or add some fall colors, like red perhaps? Change is KEY to keeping a healthy relationship with your hair. Leave it alone too long, and you are bound to get bored. You don't have to chop it, but some fun new layers to change the shape, and a new tone are sure to boost your spirits just in time for the holidays.  Some of my favorite colors at the moment?
I loved Footloose, but I had a hard time focusing on anything besides how much I loved her hair. Picture doesn't do it justice, go to the movies!

My point here is, you have options. You can change it up without changing everything. Change is healthy, so let go a little and have some fun this winter.

One more little note: You should always have a long term plan with your stylist. This doesn't mean it is set in stone, you are allowed to change your mind, but by having a plan, or at least an idea of the future of your hair, we can take better care of your hair. You might not think your hair plans for next April matter this November, but they do. Just keep your stylist up to speed, and always be HONEST. As my Cosmo mag taught me this month there are three people you just shouldn't keep secrets from: You bff, your obgyn, and your hair stylist. Well said. 

1 comment:

  1. Love this post. I was thinking about going dark! But am way to chicken to dye my whole head. I didn't even think about low lights. brilliant.

    ReplyDelete