Thursday, August 4, 2011

Small but mighty

I would like to introduce you to baby bangs. Perhaps you already know about them, but I think they are a well kept secret no one ever considers. When these babies are done right I adore them! They pack a punch of style in their little wisps. As with any other type of fringe they range from subtle to extreme. I happen to be sporting them currently! So. Things to consider?

  • I hate to be redundant but cowlicks and growth patterns are the biggest thing to consider when thinking about fringe. If you have a crazy hairline, I would recommend considering other options. Babies might not be for you.
  • The look. It is more of a bold look. You need to be prepared.
  • Texture. Some textures work better than others with these bangs. If you have really coarse, stick straight hair, they might present a challenge. The same can be said for really curly hair. Consult your stylist about this. I am not claiming texture would be a deal breaker, but it need to ne considered.
  • Thickness. Do you want a chunky blunt look or more of a wispy feel? Options my friends, options.
 I mentioned that this type of fringe is my current look. You might never know that about me though, even if you saw me almost every day. I most often style mine back, giving the appearance of have no fringe at all. Having the baby bangs cut though, gives me the volume and texture I want went pushing my hair back. I also like having the option of pulling them down when I want some fringe. They are very versatile.  They have allowed me to gracefully grow out my previous full frontals without going insane. 

Baby bangs are also very short. Meaning they take a long time to grow out. Make sure you are committed. 

Cutting these yourself is definitely in the DANGER ZONE. When not executed correctly, they can definitely resemble the tragedy that happens when a toddler gets a hold of scissors and goes crazy.

1 comment:

  1. I looooove Cary Mulligan's hair. I am too nervous to copy it, but it is my dream. I have this slight fear that I'd come out looking like Maria VonTrapp.

    ReplyDelete