Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tuesday How To

Today I have a guest stylist! She might not be an actual professional stylist, but as a mother of four (3 of which are girls) she knows a thing or two about little girl hair. Since my dear sister is in town I asked her to share one of my favorite styles. She did it on me when I was little, and now she does it on her girls. It is super versatile as always and can be molded to fit any length or hair or any length of attention span. I like to call it wicker basket, but I am sure others call it many different things. So off we go! Today's model is sweet Hailey, the youngest of the girls. It took some sweet talk and persuasion to get her to do this video but boy am I glad she did!


SO how can you modify? The more ponytails you start with the more intricate your basket pattern will be. You can do it so tiny little ponies cover the entire head and really bring out the basket weave look. You can also get more picky about straight, clean partings...it all depends on the attention span of your child. This is a fabulous way to get short hair pulled back nice and tight for little girls. Perfect for dance, gymnastics, or any day that day up and away would be beneficial. You can also tie it off in different ways. We did plain pigs here, but buns or braids would be great too. It might seem tricky at first but once you catch on its a breeze.






No comments:

Post a Comment