Thursday, June 9, 2011

A little twisted.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous Thursday! Today's tutorial uses concepts from other tutorials but adds a new twist. Pun TOTALLY intended there. It is really easy to execute because we are not going for perfection. It is also great because you don't need super long hair to do it, so it is a fabulous tool to get your hair up during awkward growth stages. Wanna see it? Here we go!

1. Before we begin please note: never be swayed by my models. Just because they have bangs or no bangs, or a certain length hair does not mean it is mandatory. All the tutorials I post can totally be adapted to your hair's situation. So personalize it! The demo here I have done as a side do. Totally not necesarry. You can easily repeat the step shown on each side and bring it back to the middle rather than the side. I just love side do's and let's face it, they won't be "in" forever so we gotta take advantage while we can! Here's what you want to do...
2. The lighting in the video is sort of hard to see, my apologies, but hopefully you get the idea. After you have twisted as far as you would like, tie it off with an elastic. A bun or pony both look great. You might also want to secure pieces throughout the twist with some bobby pins just to hold everything a little tighter. Don't over complicate this do. You literally can just blindly grab chunks of hair and keep twisting. Much easier than even a french braid. Piece of cake!


Yes. This picture is sideways. I am using a dino of a computer and I am officially out of patience so this picture will be remaning sideways. Please tilt your head to accomadate. I should be home using my own comp in no time. Thank you for staying with me:)

2 comments: