Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Faking it.

I hear two things from almost every client I have when we are finishing up their hair. 1. Wow my hair looks great, now do something to my face! and 2. Can you come and do my hair for me every day? Well let's address the second comment there. Why do people prefer the way I do their hair? Several reasons that I will discuss through several different posts. Today I would like to talk about round brushing.

Round brushing does a lot of things. It gives volume, shine, and straightens hair all in one motion. So why wouldn't you always do it? It takes a long time and can be very exhausting, especially to do on yourself. So here is my little trick of the day.

Blow dry your hair until it is about 80% dry any way that is easiest for you. Then pin up the top section from the crown up. Finish blow drying the whole bottom as usual. Then let that top section down and round brush ONLY THAT SMALL SECTION. That way all the volume and shine will still be in the place where everyone sees it, and you only did a fourth of the work! Sure the whole head would be ideal, but we don't all have the time, patience, and strength for that on a daily basis. So cheat a little. It will be our little secret.

2 comments:

  1. i've gotta try this! thats my fave part ever when you do my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what your talking about. Love this post. Thanks. Here's a question for you. What's the best round brush?

    ReplyDelete