Monday, April 4, 2011

Lather Less

So I have mentioned many times how I encourage NOT washing your hair every day. Today, I thought I would give you my official list of reasons why I feel this way.

  • Washing daily makes your color fade faster.
  • Washing daily dries out your hair.
  • Washing daily means full styling daily which takes a lot of time and effort. 
  • Washing daily uses more shampoo and conditioner, meaning you spend more on product.
  • Not that I am a huge environmentalist (go aerosol!) but it does save water if you wash less frequently, which is good for everyone.
  • Washing daily strips your hair of the oils it needs, and makes it hard for your body to keep up.
So save yourself some time, money, and effort by simply washing less. I know what you are all thinking...but Julie! What if I (fill in the blank with your excuse of why washing every other day or so doesn't work for you)!? Well my friends, come back Wednesday for my answers to those excuses. 

3 comments:

  1. Dang, that's tough. I'm either teaching Zumba or attending a class every night of the week. I can't stand sweaty hair. Should I just suck it up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few years ago I was told on this washing every other or third day, at first I hated it... But I have to say my hair has never looked so good :) thanks for your daily tips... Love you girl!!

    ReplyDelete