Monday, April 25, 2011

Summer Lovin'

I took a lovely vacation this last week. I spent a lot of time in the sun and in the pool. This triggered a thought. I must tell the people about summer protection!

First of all allow me to plead with you to NOT use at home lighteners that are activated by the sun to add "natural" highlights. Lemon juice, Sun-In, and any other product like it are NOT GOOD for your hair. Furthermore, if you are going to use them and then want to lighten or color your hair later at a salon, you must be honest with your stylist. If you have used these at home products, and we put bleach over it, it can severely damage your hair. So you have gotta come clean if you want to protect your hair.

Next, wash after swimming every time. Or at last rinse thoroughly. Chlorine is no good left sitting on your hair.

Lastly, a quick tip on how to keep your hair looking its best swim after swim. Coat your hair in conditioner before taking a dip. You don't have to use the good stuff, Suave will suffice. Dab some on and comb it through your hair before pulling it up and jumping in the pool. This leaves a layer of protection between your hair and the harmful elements the sun and chlorine bring. This will also make it easier to comb your hair out after swimming, and help in every way to keep your locks loving the summer.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog Julie! I am definitely in need of some Julie love to my hair.... uhg, why must I be so far away! :)

    ReplyDelete