Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tuesday How To

Continuing in the quick casual look for the summer, let us discuss the most casual of them all. The top of the head messy bun. It is unbelievably comfortable on a hot day. No hair in your face or touching your neck. It should take your 5 minutes or less and works best with dirty hair. A total win win I believe! There are a million variations to this do as well. SO very versatile, SO very easy, SO very fun.

1. Get your hair dirty. Rough it up, spray with product, and only comb with your fingers.

2. Comb your hair straight back with your fingers and gather it into a high pony. Then only pull the pony half through creating a loop. 


3. Twist the bun around and put another ponytail holder in to secure. You might need to bobby pin a piece or two but do not allow yourself to go over 3-4 minutes. We want it to be messy, random, and do its own thing. Allow any pieces that fall out to stay that way.




Slip on a fun headband to spice it up. This do is perfect for everything from working out to heading out on the town. The key is to get your hair big and dirty before you begin in order to create the biggest bun possible. Another great feature? The dirtier your hair is the better it works, so use this do to extend your wash!

4 comments:

  1. i love this up-do! although im a little slow and i don't quite understand step 3. I would love to see you do more video tutorials so slow people like me can understand it better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmk I officially love you. I did my hair like this right after reading this post, and I'm loving it. Also I have used the other style you posted about (the braid around/bun) like 4 times already. More tutorials please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mallory- I will definitely be doing all video tutorials from now on! I liked it a lot better that way so I hope it helps clarify things. And you are not slow you always look adorable!

    ReplyDelete