Friday, April 15, 2011

Feature Friday

Today I would like to introduce you to a product that will give you a little lift. Your body has Victoria's Secret, and you hair has GUTS by Redken. You can call it Julie's Secret if you'd like. Although it really is no secret at all. Guts is a root lifter. There are millions out there, let me tell you why I choose this one.


  • Who is it for? Anyone who wants added volume. This one in particular is my favorite of all root lifters because of two main features. The way it sprays out allows more even light coverage rather than pooling in one area. I also love it because it is a bit lighter in general than some of the other ones out there but still produces great results. When used correctly, it won't leave you feeling like you have nasty product filled hair.
  • What does it do? Gives added lift and fullness right at the root giving your hair some umph.
  • How does it do this? It is almost a mousse like consistency so it plumps and holds the root up as you blow dry.
  • How do I use it? When your hair is wet lift different sections up and spray directly to the root area. Be careful to not oversaturate.  Use it mostly through the top sections where you want the most volume. It works best when paired with round brushing. The heat and brushing motion combined really work together to activate this product and make it work at its full potential. Remember, if round brushing intimidates you, use this shortcut.  

If volume is what you are looking for, this product will definitely help you out. It works best when you use it to aid in your efforts of getting volume. Don't expect it to do ALL the work on its own. It will take your hair to new heights! 

I normally don't post over the weekend, but I will this week to announce the winner of the giveaway!

4 comments:

  1. you have so many helpful tips and fabulous info, what a clever blog! i'm a massage therapist and designer (i know kelsey via school), and have worked in many-a-salon and have a beauty supply license but still could use MORE intelligent information/user guidance. the combo of my stylist and your blog will leave me with a world of knowledge. so thank you. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE this hairspray. i use it everytime i curl my hair. it works so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie... I left a referral to you on my blog. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love my guts. except i am out. but still, love guts.

    ReplyDelete